For ease of use, above is two versions of the booking form in different formats. Please download the one that works with your computer then email it to us at:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The HIRER shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations pertaining to the premises. The hall remains smoke free – anyone in charge of the premises, including the HIRER, will have legal responsibility to prevent people from smoking anywhere inside the building.
2. It is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure that everybody attending their event is fully aware of the procedures of evacuating the building in the event of fire or other emergency situation. Emergency Exits should be clear at all times. The HIRER should also make sure he/she knows the location of fire extinguishers and first aid box before the event begins.
3. During the hire of the hall, the HIRER is responsible for the supervision of the premises, fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage, however slight, or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons attending the event including proper supervision of car parking. Any damage must be reported to the hall manager immediately after the function.
4. The HIRER shall indemnify the trustees for the cost of any damage to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof and/or the contents of the building during or as a result of the hire.
5. If the HIRER wishes to cancel the booking of the event and the management committee are unable to conclude a replacement booking, a charge of 50% will be levied.
6. HIRERs are expected to remove all litter (plastic glasses, bottles, any catering requisites and packaging from their event.) We request that HIRER takes their litter home with them as we do not have enough space to store rubbish until the fortnightly collection. The HIRER should also ensure that the hall is back to the same standard as when they took it on before their event. If not, the HIRER shall be responsible for the additional cost to the committee for cleaning and/or repairs. The HIRER is also responsible for switching off all lights, heating and electrical appliances, closing doors and windows and securing the hall before leaving the premises. Particular attention should be paid to the emergency exits.
7. Stewards should be provided at a rate of 1 steward per 50 attendees expected, one of whom should be the HIRER/organiser. For non-seated licensable functions, stewards should be provided at a rate of 1 steward per 25 attendees expected, one of which must be the HIRER/organiser. If door stewards are employed, then the Secure Industries Authority must licence that person. Stewards must monitor the carpark. Stewards are responsible to endure that any spillage on the floor is cleared up promptly to avoid accidents. The trustees cannot be held responsible for any accident/injury to any person slipping on the floor.
8. The names and addresses of nominated stewards must be sent with the booking form to the booking secretary or at least one week before the event. A copy of the list must also be kept with the HIRER/organiser. The HIRER shall be responsible to ensure that all stewards are on duty throughout the function.
9. Door supervisors will be present when tickets are available on the door.
10. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to attend functions where there is a supply of alcohol, other than private functions where they will be accompanied by a responsible adult.
11. The maximum number of persons allowed into the premises is 300. The HIRER should display prominently a sign that states the maximum number of attendees. They should also make satisfactory arrangements to monitor the number of people attending the event (the use of a click counter, for instance).
12. When amplified music or disco equipment used, they must be plugged into the sound limiter device on the stage.
13. First Aid kit is located in the foyer. Fire extinguishers are located in the hall, kitchen, foyer and stage. For non-seated events, fire extinguishers are kept in the kitchen. A telephone is provided for emergency use only in the kitchen.
14. The hall does have a wireless broadband facility. This is free to use for hall users however the HIRER will be responsible for any misuses of this service.
15. Permission must be obtained from the booking secretary for storage of any goods of whatever nature left on the premises. All such goods are left at their own risk.
16. Central heating thermostats should be turned down to 10 degrees after hire of the hall. The Management Committee reserve the right to charge for instances where this has not been adhered to.
17. Trustees may, at any time, authorise a person or persons to enter the premises during a booked event, free of charge and without prior notice, to ensure the terms of the hire are being adhered to. They may use their discretion to decide to remain at the event until it finishes. Furthermore, the trustee or appointed person has the authority to end the event forthwith if they feel that there is a severe breech in the use of the hall and the terms and conditions signed to. This may be for further bookings without refund of fees paid.
18. Keys will be made available by the booking secretary or management committee member with instructions of where this should be left at the end of the event.